Friday, July 21, 2006

STRESS!!!

My grandpa is stressing me out. He is forgetting everything! The last two weeks have been the worst. He mixes up his pills, asks me where they are, they are located in at least 3 different places in the house. For the last hour and a half, I have been trying to figure out his pills by using a new pill system with those plastic pill day containers. My dad and aunt were there to help me in the process. I feel so drained…DRAINED… DRAINED… I think this has been the hardest time in my 6 year life with him. I feel so bad… Its just so hard. I feel bad that I will be leaving him at a time when he needs me most…
Boo hoo bow wow.Fritz no longer has fritzez….

2 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Poor Grandpa! :(
I feel bad for you. It sounds very draining. Try and keep optimistic - you can try seeing implementing the new pill system etc. as a problem-solving challenge, a la Mark Fritsted. Don't get too emotional when Grandpa gets angry at you because he can't find something. Treat him as if he was one of the patients that you took care of at Parkwood. He is just fearful and frustrated. Don't feel guilty about leaving for B.C. You have to leave sometime and no time is a good time to leave. Take comfort in the fact that Grandpa has so much family that can take care of him - this is a rare and fortunate situation.
Love, Kate

9:27 pm  
Blogger RussianFritz said...

You are right! I just got upset with the situation. I have calmed down now. Maybe hes not that bad. He is using the pill system container thing now- for the last two days, I think it actually helps him keep track better than what he was doing on his own before.
Thanks for the support
Smash smash

10:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home