Monday, July 31, 2006

Ruffled Rita




Hello everyone! It's been awhile since I have posted, and I guess it's about time that I did. Unfortunately, contrary to the hopes of RussianFritz who encouraged me to post, I don't believe I have anything extraordinarily witty to say at this time, but then again like beauty is in the eye of the beholder, humour is in the synapses of the brain. To the left is a picture of my pet bird, Tilly, and my guinea pig, G.P. a.k.a. Pizco (original I know!).

Not too much is new in my part of the globe other than I recently had a pretty decent review at work, and, as it turns out, I get to stay for at least another few months at my cozy co-op! Perhaps Rita was in a good mood that day.

Speaking of Rita, I took this footage of my pet bird, Tilly, the other day. I thought you would enjoy it, she appears to have been possessed by something... Hmmmm.... What on earth could have come over my little kakariki? Rita, perhaps? I know you're all thinking it!!! However, you are all WRONG! hahaha... After all, I have only ever seen Rita possess weiner dogs. Besides, Tilly is cantankerous enough already! Can anyone guess why Tilly is in a tizzy?

Watch the video while you can!!! I only have a 3-day trial with Neptune and this was the only way I could share my video - either my connectivity sucked, or blogger won't let you upload video (or at least video that is more than 3 megabytes in size) http://www.neptune.com/users/kbaskett/videoWMP/kbaskett485633.wmv

Answer: I slipped her a teeny weeny bit of carbonated water. (No worries - no pop!) Just a teensy bit of fizzy water; the carbonation freaks her out.
Then again, I guess it could be Rita; just look at how Tilly sticks her tongue out at me.

I hope you are all doing well!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kat said...

Wow! You know how to trip out birds! Those carbonation bubbles must seem extra big to a creature of her size!

Jim would try this with his cockatiel, but his bird is posessed by Rita without a doubt!

It's so wonderful that you got a good review! Of course, we all knew that you would.

Love,
RussianRita

6:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home